March 30, 2006, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Olscamp Hall Room 221, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
Sponsored by the BGSU Computer Science Department and NWOACM
Shantanu Narayen, President and Chief Operating Officer of Adobe, will be speaking on the topic:
Narayen leads the company’s day-to-day global operations, sets Adobe’s long-term market strategies and oversees all product research and development, corporate strategy and investments, and corporate and product marketing.
Narayen holds five patents and is a frequent speaker at industry and academic events. He serves on the Advisory Board of the Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley, and is on the Board of Directors of the YMCA of the Mid-Peninsula Association. Narayen holds a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering from Osmania University in India, a master’s degree in computer science from Bowling Green State University and a master’s degree in business administration from the Haas School of Business.
Narayen will also be receiving the Accomplished BGSU Graduate award during his visit.
Please join us to welcome Shantanu back to Bowling Green, hear about Adobe’s vision for the Web, and to meet with your colleagues who are interested in information technology, the web, and innovation.
Feel free to share this announcement with other groups in the area. This event is free of charge and no RSVP’s are needed.
Attendees can park at the Student Union (for a fee) and walk to Olscamp Hall. Or they can park near the football stadium (for free) and take the shuttle to Olscamp. More information is available at the Visitor Information center (see below).
Links to additional information:
- Narayen’s Executive profile
- Rich Internet Applications and Macromedia RIA
- Web 2.0
- Narayen’s Update for the Macromedia Development Community (January 6, 2006)
- Kevin Lynch, Chief Software Architect, Adobe, at the Web 2.0 conference (October 6, 2005) – video
- Is innovation still America’s birthright?: podcast and transcript from the Fortune Innovation Forum (with Linda Sanford of IBM, Shantanu Narayen of Adobe and John Hagel, formerly of McKinsey)
- BGSU Computer Science Department
- Accomplished graduates, 2006
- Directions to BGSU
- Campus Map (Olscamp Hall is #45, Student Union is #69)
- Visitor information center
- Shuttle service